Regional Admissions Manager, East China - Permanent
Role based in Shanghai to work in the city and neighbouring provinces in East China.
Sommet Education is the world’s most extensive network of hospitality management institutions. It provides premium education through accredited programmes in two institutions on seven campuses around the world. Each institution offers a balanced curriculum of practical training, business management skills and a multicultural experience to prepare students for an international career in the fast-growing global hospitality industry.
Our approach to education is unique and entirely different from other universities or institutions. The learning and teaching environment not only provides a holistic education, but continually exposes students to a range of industry networks in the areas of luxury, finance, real estate as well as hotels, resorts and events companies. Our student’s success in their chosen career is what drives us as an organisation.
The Regional Admissions Manager is responsible for owning and developing the Sommet Education agent network in East China with the objective of growing new student recruitment for Glion and Les Roches at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The Regional Admissions Manager will service and drive relationships with agents at branch level and will run in-market promotional events to attract and convert new hospitality education students. He/she will also work with the Sommet Education network of Education Counsellors to co-ordinate their visits to high schools in the region. As part of the role, the Regional Admissions Manager will meet parents and students directly, engage with and leverage the alumni network and liaise with hospitality industry contacts to develop marketing propositions aimed at recruiting new students.
- Work on Sommet Education’s regional strategy
- Agent acquisition, development and relationship management at branch level
- Lead generation and conversion - supporting agents to generate new leads and on conversion activity
- In-market campaign activity – working with agent branches to promote hospitality management and the Glion and Les Roches programs
- Digital marketing – work with the team to ensure that the digital marketing plans support student recruitment goals through the relevant agents
- Alumni engagement in the region
- High School planning and closer oversight of Education Counsellor activity in the region
- Meet regional growth targets for new student recruitment from East China
- Contribute to an annual sales and marketing plan for the region
- Carry out regular promotional activities in the region such as participating in fairs, running workshops, visiting High Schools and delivering 360° campaign activities (digital, alumni, media) to drive lead generation and conversion
- Counsel and nurture individual student leads, where appropriate
- Budget management, return on investment targets and reporting
- Work with the Regional Admissions Director to improve sales effectiveness in the region
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ sales and marketing experience in the international education sector or the luxury hospitality sector
- Educated to degree level or beyond
- An individual with a proven track record of success in international student recruitment and a prior working relationship with a productive agent network
- Experience of working with European, UK or US departments of major agents (New Oriental Vision, EIC, JJL etc.) is an advantage but is not essential
- Key account management experience is desirable
- Excellent relationship manager
- Ability to organise resources and collaborate with central sales operations and marketing teams to deliver targeted sales and ROI outcomes.
- Motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to assimilate into and shape the Sommet Education culture: premium service and solutions-focused
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Willing to travel extensively and work independently
- Essential languages: Mandarin and English